Causes for Shedding Balding/Thinning
- Combing your lace wig while it is still wet after washing and conditioning
- Roughness while combing and washing/handing your lace wig
- Using very oily or greasy hair care products on your unit
- Not thoroughly removing adhesives from your unit prior to washing
- Using hot or very warm water when washing your unit
- Combing your wig from root to tip instead of from tip to root.
Below are a few maintenance techniques which will help prevent excessive hair shedding.
- Do Not Scratch your scalp through your lace wig as this will cause shedding. Instead, pat your head with your hand or remove your unit and treat your scalp with anti-itch shampoo and then moisturize your scalp.
- Use a wide tooth comb or wig brush (cushion brush). Comb from the tip up while holding the hair above so that you will avoid pulling at the knots.
- Never comb your lace wig while wet. Prior to washing the hair make sure you comb it out thoroughly.
- Avoid using care products with high Alcohol content i.e Spritz, Hair Spray, Shampoos etc. These products can damage the hair causing breakage and/or shedding.
- You must thoroughly remove glue residue from our wig. Letting adhesives build up on your unit will cause shedding
- Do not Blow Dry or Sit under a dryer with heat. We highly recommend letting your unit air dry after washing. If you must blow dry, make sure it is on a cool setting and heat protector is used. Blow Dryer heat will damage/Split the knots causing shedding.
- When sleeping in your unit it is best to braid up your hair so it does not tangle while you sleep. You should gently comb your unit out each night prior to wrapping it up in the scarf. Also, it is very important that you wrap a silk or satin scarf or bonnet around your head, this will help to prevent friction which will cause breakage and/or shedding.
caring for your lace wigs/wefts & minimize tangling
The pH levels of hair products are one of the least known but most important characteristics of the hair care products you choose to use on your unit. You should always use a product that is pH balanced for optimal feel and styling. The optimal pH range for hair products is from 4 to 6 (which an acidic balance). An acidic shampoo or conditioner causes hair cuticles to lie down, resulting in smooth manageable hair. Alkaline Shampoos & conditioners (high pH above 7) cause the cuticles to raise causing tangled and unmanageable hair.
what is the difference between our full lace wig/360 lace wig & a normal lace front wig?
Full Lace Wigs” are lace wigs which are designed with the entire wig cap being made from lace allowing for style versatility including multi-directional parting and the ability to style high up dos and ponytails.
360 lace wigs is not a full lace wig. It has lace all around and weft in the middle. This allows you to add more bundles for more volume, unlike the full lace wigs. Perfect for up do’s and ponytails. Our 360 lace wigs are 200 density, thick and full.
All our lace wigs are made perfectly so that it creates an impressive illusion of the hair growing out of the scalp. The lace, once adhered to the skin, virtually vanishes creating a natural looking and flawless hairline. All our lace wigs can be worn glueless, sewn in, or glued. We advise glueless and sewn in. Our lace wigs can be worn by yourself with a band added. Just WEAR AND SLAY.
what does "wear & slay" for our hand-made (customized) wigs mean?
who wears these wigs?
can i wear lace wigs if i have a full head of hair?
can i swim in it or play sports
You can exercise in your wig/weft. Sweat makes your wig/weft to tangle. We advise that you wash and condition your wig/weft regularly.
can i colour the wig
can the hair be flat ironed or curled?
what density should i order & why does it matter?
what is a 360 lace frontal?
how to care for virgin hair extensions
Keep your hair extension and scalp clean! When sweat and dirt build up your hair extension tangles. Use a good quality gentle shampoo and conditioner. We can recommend what products are best for your hair extensions. please free to contact us. Detangle your hair first from the ends to the roots before shampooing. Wash your hair gently in a downward motion (from the roots to the ends). When you’re done rinse your hair thoroughly. Make sure that your hair is clean before you use a gentle hair conditioner. Condition your hair after every wash. Your extensions don’t receive the natural oils from your scalp.
what size of wig cap should i order?
Wig Cap Sizes?
The Majority of us use a MEDIUM size Wig Cap. See the Picture to see how to measure your size.